Google
 

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

 

Poet In The Morning

Being a poet, a morning person, and a morning runner creates strange…fusions…

One July morning while I was running, I saw a peculiarly graceful black earthworm on the sidewalk in front of me. But when I bent down to observe and internalize his undulant fluency, which reminded me strangely of a line of verse, he coiled into a writhing ball---almost proto-strike posture. It was only then that it dawned on me that this was no earthworm but a baby snake. When I backed off, he continued his trek uninhibited, and I imagined life could be treacherous for a baby snake, whether he peregrinates in iambic pentameter or anapestic trimeter.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]